Credit transfers in summer/ winter courses are not mandatory. If you want to get your credits transferred, please consult with your own faculties since they are the ones authorized to accept/ deny a credit transfer.
We do not advise students in their last years to apply for an exchange program because usually exchange programs require a credit transfer that is difficult or sometimes impossible to be applied to students in their last years. Rather, we advise students in their last years to apply for shorter programs like the summer/ winter courses.
Nomination quotas are regulated for all UGM students, not per department/ faculty. Unless there is a Department to Department agreement between one department in UGM and another department in a partner/ host university.
If we are referring to UGM’s MoU with partner universities, that will not be possible. Because exchange programs means that the scores you obtained from the host university need to be converted to the scores you need in UGM.
Students are prohibited to apply for more than one exchange program at once. We advise you to wait until the selection process is final (if not accepted/ selected) to proceed to apply for another exchange program.
1) If you have already found a host university you are interested in, look for their procedure and requirements in the Student Exchange
2) Program section of OIA’s website.
3) Submit your application to the Office of International Affairs along with additional requirements from UGM that you can access through https://oia.ugm.ac.id/student-exchange-program-by-agreement/
4) Deadlines of submission at OIA for Exchange Program under Agreements are usually within 2-3 weeks before the deadline of the host university.
5) OIA will evaluate your application and process the selection
6) Once you are selected as a Nominated Student, OIA will send an official nomination to the host university.
7) The FINAL decision from the host university.
Yes, make sure you have already undergone an english proficiency test. To apply, you need to have a TOEFL score of 550 or IELTS of 6.5 or according to the required score by the partner university.
Yes, you should have a minimum of 3.00 GPA or according to the required score by the university, you are applying to.
If you still have time, then we encourage you to renew your english proficiency test scores. But if you cannot do so due to certain reasons, you may still attach your english proficiency test certificate even though it is more than two years or you may attach an english proficiency test prediction result.
Submit the files that are ready, the rest of the files may be sent afterwards. Usually, we will wait for you to complete the files until 7 days after the submission deadline.