Monday, 12 April 2021
- Foreign students are not included in the category under the allowance to enter into the territory of the Republic of Indonesia related to COVID-19 policy.
- But, students who are having their apprentice or lab practice, Directorate General of Higher Education (DIKTI) will inscribe the procedures with Directorate General of Immigration in order to be granted a discretion so that students who are having apprentice or lab practice can enter the territory of the Republic of Indonesia.
- In terms of DIKTI sent a letter to the Directorate General of Immigration, Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM) will send a letter of application to DIKTI regarding the entry permit of the Republic of Indonesia for incoming foreign students. The letters are due on 17 April 2021.
- Arrival cost:
- UGM will be the sponsor and assure all the costs that arise (PCR Test, quarantine cost, and accommodation) when the arrival of foreign students in Indonesia
- or it will become responsibility of the students by making a statement letter that students are able to bear all the costs that will be incurred.
- The immigration authorities addressed that the entry permit can only be given not to all students from all countries. The entry permit can only be given on a case-by-case basis.
- UGM will deliver the specific mechanism soon for the departure of foreign students from the quarantine location in Jakarta to Yogyakarta.